Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chang-Min Ji / Foreign language instruction should begin in kindergarten

Chang-min Ji 200503311

Jon H. Bahk-Halberg

Intermediate English Writing(1)

March 16th.

My Child's English? English of My Neighbor's Child?

Nowadays, we can watch how many controversies broadcasts have reported about an so called English Kindergarten or elementary schools' English education system. These already became serious and social problems. I'm not a kid. I'm not kids' mother. I don't work at an kindergarten which teaches in English. But this issue makes me think deeply about it.

I did not receive my early education. So I don't know how much effect those foreign language institutions have on kids' ability. And I'm really wondering whether explanations of English kindergartens is true or impractical. But the most confused people are most Korean moms. They plunge into confusion and should choose to put their children into early English institutions. Although they don't know whether those education are useful or not, everyone who raises kids has aspirations for their children to receive better education.

Everybody has a variety of opinions about when foreign language instruction should begin. But nobody knows whether it is useful, whether a lot of gossip of its effect are real, and whether it is necessary for my child to attend it. The question must remain to be seen.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment