Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Yoon JIn-Soo literacy autobiography

 

Writing in my life

200702174 EIT

Yoon Jin-Soo (Noah)  English writing class(Tue 78)

   In 1989, I was born in Incheon when Dracaena Fragrans bloomed.

When I was born my mother was teacher in high school and my father

was studying for C.P.A. My mom quit the school soon and my father

passed the exam.

 

   My mom was educator so she was very interested in my education.

She taught me Korean and Numbers through playing games. Stickers

were put on most of stuff in house, large board that Korea Alphabets

were written on it. Because of my mother's efforts, I could be awaken

to Korean earlier than other children. Sometimes my mom said I was

very good at learning language, like genius, I don't think so.

 

   Since I got in about learning Korean, mom started reading traditional

fairy tales to me. I can't remember precisely but I guess, I was mad at

listening those stories. One day, my mom was tired at my persistent

importune, she finally recorded her voice that telling stories and few

days later she bought a large set of story tapes. I remember that I

always listened story tapes until I slept. Few months later I began to read

fairy tales and was immersed in adventures and love stories in book.

When I played with my friends, I used to be a heroine of beautiful story

of traditional fairy tales.

 

   The year that I graduated elementary school and became middle school

student, I encountered 'Novel'. My first novel was 'Dream of seagull'.

Jonathan's humane anguish and desire for flying to his dream was very

impressive to me. It seemed like representing Korean student's feelings.

It was so different from formal writing in textbooks. So I started to read

novels haphazardly because I fascinated in delicate and realistic writing.

My second novel was 'The old man and the sea'. The old man who

lost brilliant glory of past introspected his ego while catching a huge

Spearfish and fighting with group of sharks. That story was so touching

to young student. I totally got in novels because of attractions of these

telling writer's intention through interesting stories. After that, I met

a turning point.

 

   When I just entranced into a high school, I thought about writing novel.

I really wanted it because it seemed like very exciting work. Many

interesting episodes in a big outline, attractive heroines and metaphorical

description in conflict between characters, all of those things was kind

of ideal thing to me. So I started to formulate the outline of my own novel

in spare moment, and then I created characters and episodes, organized

relations of those stories and people. One year later, synopsis of my own

novel was completed. In winter vacation, I started to write my novel on

computer. Making dialogues, describing action scene, delicate

explanation of stuff or landscape were too difficult but I was pleased.

I repeated rewriting over and over again, and finally I wrote 2 episodes

of 14 completely. I wondered response of people about my novel, so I

posted it on online novel club. Unexpectedly, reputation was wonderful.

Hits of my novel exceeded 20,000 per one posting. Many people wrote

comment like 'Keep writing and give me that now!!". I became

honorary writer of that club and wrote my novel continuously. But I

had to quit writing when I was promoted to third grades of high

school because of entrance examination.

 

   Looking back on it now, it was just a dream. I love writing and reading

but I don't want to be a writer. Because almost writers can't earn money

enough for living. Same as me, many people give up their dream. Nowadays,

'Writing' became a way for study. People learn  'Writing' for their grades,

not for itself. But for me, 'Writing' is my pleasure and hobby although I

don't want to write for living. I still remember the quiver and happiness

when I felt while I was writing. I wand to keep 'Writing' as my pleasure

now and forever.

5 comments:

  1. Chang-Min Ji / 200503311
    1.I like his unique writing story. Because it's fun.
    2.Main point is episodes of his reading and writing novels.
    3.The most impressing point is his own novel recorded 20,000points per one posting.
    4.Generally it has some mistakes on grammar. So I took a little long time to read it. But it doesn't have any unclear part when it comes to understanding contents.
    5.Letter font is not fixed. I don't know why a text has two font styles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 201181021 HUIYEONG KIM

    1. What I like about this literacy autobiography is the writer use the chronological order, so it was easy to read.

    2. The main point seems to be the anecdotes and thoughts about writing.

    3. I wonder why he used these words.
    ‘When Dracaena Fragrans bloomed’
    It arouses my curiosity about this autobiography.

    4. "One day, my mom was tired at my persistent importune."
    It is grammatically wrong.


    5. I think this autobiography is good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I really like this writing because I think he tried to write this essay with various different words to enrich the story.

    2. The main point of this writing would be he developed his writing skills by writing novels on line.

    3. He described his club activities in detail,which was excellent, so I felt like I could see his school life vividly.

    4. I dont get the meaning of the some sentences in the 5th paragraph like "Many interesting episodes in ~ ideal thing to me."
    This is vague.

    5. Overall, this is great work, if you correct some grammatical mistakes, It's will be fantastic!!
    .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Second draft
    My literacy autobiography
    Yoon Jin Soo


    In 1989, I was born in Incheon When Dracaena Fragrans bloomed. When I was born, my mother was teacher in high school and my father was studying for C.P.A. My mom quit the school soon and my father passed the exam.

    My mom was educator so she was very interested in my education. She taught me Korean and Numbers through playing games. Stickers were put on most of stuff in house.
    And she also hanged up large board that Korea Alphabets were written on it. Because of my mother's efforts, I could be awaken to Korean earlier than other children. Sometimes my mom said I was very good at learning language, like genius, but I don't think so.

    Since I got in about learning Korean, mom started reading traditional fairy tales to me. I can't remember precisely but I guess, I was mad at listening those stories. One day, my mom was tired at my persistent importunity, she finally recorded her voice that telling stories and few days later she bought a large set of story tapes. After that, I always listened story tapes until I slept. Few months later I began to read fairy tales and was immersed in adventures and love stories in book. When I played with my friends, I used to be a heroine in beautiful story of traditional fairy tales.

    The year that I graduated elementary school and became middle school student, I
    encountered 'Novel'. My first novel was 'Dream of seagull'. Jonathan's humane anguish and desire for flying was very impressive to me. It seemed like representation Korean student's feelings. It was so different from formal writing in textbooks. So I started to read
    novels haphazardly because I was fascinated in delicate and realistic writing. My second novel was 'The old man and the sea'. The old man who lost brilliant glory of past thought about his ego while struggling against a huge Spearfish and fighting with group of sharks. That story was so touching to young student. I totally got in novels. Because it is attractive spot that tells about writer's intention through interesting stories. After that, I met a first turning point.

    When I just entranced into a high school, I thought about writing novel. I really wanted it because it seemed like very exciting work. Many interesting episodes in a big outline, attractive heroines and sensitive metaphor about conflict between characters, all of those things was kind of ideal thing to me. So I started to formulate the outline of my own novel in spare moment, and then I created characters and episodes, organized relations of those stories and people. One year later, synopsis of my own novel was completed. In winter vacation, I started to write my novel on
    computer. Making dialogues, describing action scene, delicate explanation of stuff or landscape were too difficult but I was excited. I rewrited over and over again, and finally I wrote 2 episodes completely. I wondered about people's respons for my novel, so I posted it on online novel club. Unexpectedly, reputation was wonderful. Hits of my novel exceeded 20,000 per one posting. Many people wrote comment like 'Keep writing and give me that now!!". I became honorary writer of that club and wrote my novel continuously. But I had to quit writing when I was promoted to third grades of high school. Because I had to study for SAT.

    Looking back on it now, it was just a dream. I love writing and reading but I don't want to be a writer. Because almost writers can't earn money enough for living. Same as me, many people give up their dream. Nowadays, 'Writing' became a way for study. People learn 'Writing' for their grades, not for itself. But for me, 'Writing' is my pleasure and hobby although I don't want to write for living. I still remember the quiver and happiness that felt while I was writing. I wand to keep 'Writing' as my pleasure now and forever.




    Most of my classmates pointed out grammartical
    mistakes. So I tried to fixed up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Park Jin-kyung 200904082

    1. I really like this writing because I think he tried to write this essay with various different words to enrich the story.

    2. The main point of this writing would be he developed his writing skills by writing novels on line.

    3. He described his club activities in detail,which was excellent, so I felt like I could see his school life vividly.

    4. I dont get the meaning of the some sentences in the 5th paragraph like "Many interesting episodes in ~ ideal thing to me."
    This is vague.

    5. Overall, this is great work, if you correct some grammatical mistakes, It's will be fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete