Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jang Jun Hwa, Classification essay

Jang Jun Hwa

200802967

Intermediate English Writing (1)

Tuesday 7-8 period

Classification essay (first draft)

 


Born to Teach

 

 When I was a child, I wished that I had several bodies. The reason is because there were so many things I wanted to do in the future, such as a singer-songwriter, basketball player and professional traveler. However, as I grew up, I was only interested in the film industry as my future profession. Recently, I change my future goal slightly. At first, I wanted to be a film director responsible for everything about film, but now I hope to teach college students of the Film department. I think I have several strong points for my future career.


 First, I am very used to teaching. I have always tutored students as my part-time job. I have taught students some subjects such as Korean languages and English grammar. I have some know-how to make students understand in my own ways. Before I have a part-time job as a tutor, when I was in high school, many friends of mine asked me to explain the process for the math problems. Every time I taught how to solve them, my friends complimented me, saying "You have to become a teacher of professor in the future. Sometimes your explanation is easier to understand than our teachers'."

 

 In addition, English will help me become a professor. Nowadays, many universities are looking for someone who can give lecture in foreign languages, especially English. No matter what applicants major in, English becomes almost obligation. For the present, my ability in English is not good enough to do lecturing in English. However, I think I am exposed to the best environment for studying English. If I put more energy into my major, English, I will be able to teach film in English to some extent.

 Finally, I usually do not feel nervous about making presentation in front of people. This is related to my personalities. First, I am an outgoing person, so I like to meet new people. I believe that making presentation is a good opportunity to make people recognize me. This belief seems to make me feel comfortable with speaking in front of people. After presentation, I usually meet several people who come to me and say, "Do you know me? I saw you in Professor Kim's class. Your presentation was interesting." Also, I am quite optimistic. Therefore, I am always positive and confident that I will make great speech or presentation. Even though I totally mess up the presentation, I just forget about it.

 

 When it comes to becoming a professor, I have some forte, including teaching ability, English and presentation skill. However, I do not have more than enough qualities to become a professor in "Film" department. I need more creativity to work in the art world. In order to develop creativity, I do my best to have direct and indirect experiences, such as travelling and reading lots of books respectively. I strongly believe what people say, "Knowing yourself is the best shortcut to achieve your goal." I already took a first step into a shortcut to my dream.

 


 

2 comments:

  1. 201181021 Huiyeong Kim

    1. What I like about this piece of writing is
    the introduction. It makes me curious about your essay. Especially, this sentence does.
    "When I was a child, I wished that I had several bodies."

    2.. The main point seems that the abilities you possess for your potential career.

    3. "Knowing yourself is the best shortcut to achieve your goal." I like this quotation, and you seem to be very confident.

    4. "saying "You have to become a teacher of professor in the future. Sometimes your explanation is easier to understand than our teachers'."

    In this part, there are some small mistakes.

    5. I think this essay is good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd draft

    Born To Teach

    When I was a child, I wished that I had several bodies. The reason is because there were so many things I wanted to do in the future, such as a singer-songwriter, basketball player and professional traveler. At the age of 17, I was starting to be interested in working in the film industry. At first, I wanted to be a film director. However, now I hope to teach college students of the Film department. I think I have several strong points as an aspiring professor of the Film department.

    First, I am very used to teaching. When I was in high school, many friends of mine asked me to explain how to solve math problems. Every time I taught my friends, they complimented me and said “You have to become a teacher in the future. Sometimes you explanation is easier to understand than our teachers’.” After I graduated from high school, I began to tutor students, as my part-time job. Since then, I have made my own special method of getting students understand easily.

    In addition, English will help me become a professor. Nowadays, universities are hiring professor who can give lectures in English. For the present, my ability in English is not good enough to do lecturing in English. However, I am exposed to the best environment for studying English. When it comes to English, major, professors and students in my university are best. If I put more energy into English, I will be able to teach students in English to some extent.

    Finally, I do not feel nervous about speaking in front of many people. This is because of two reasons. First, I am optimistic. I am usually confident that I will make a great speech. Even though I totally mess it up, I forget about it in a short time. Another reason is that I am always looking forward to meeting new people through presentation. In my experience, some people come to me and say, “Do you recognize me? I saw you in Professor Kim’s class. Your presentation was interesting.” As a result, this kind of my experience gets me feel comfortable while speaking in front of many people.

    When it comes to becoming a professor, I have some advantages, including teaching ability, English and public speaking skill. However, I do not have enough qualities to become a professor in “Film” department. I need creativity to work in the art world. Lastly, I believe what people say, “Knowing yourself is the best shortcut to achieve your goal.” I already took a first step into my dream..

    ReplyDelete